Thank you so much for visiting my blogspot where you can find my Inspired Creations by D fusible applique wall art quilt designs that can either be framed, dowel hung or completed in the traditional quilt backed way.

My PDF E-patterns can be purchased in a variety of places, my Craftsy store, my Etsy store, or Linda Walsh Originals Shop

My Pattern Kits can be purchased in my Etsy Store.

Visit any one of these sites for more information on any of my designs.


Thursday, May 30, 2013

Look What's Blooming In My Garden This Week


We have had nothing but miserable weather for the past week and a half; rain, wind, cold and now excessive heat.  My tree peony has been showing it's buds for the last few weeks and started to open slightly over the last couple of days; so imagine my surprise when I looked out my window this morning and saw it in full bloom all at once!


As stated in Better Homes and Gardens Plant Encyclopedia: 

Peony


Paeonia selections

Perhaps the best-loved perennials, herbaceous peonies belong in almost every garden. Their sumptuous flowers -- single, semidouble, anemone centered or Japanese, and fully double -- in glorious shades of pinks and reds as well as white and yellow announce that spring has truly arrived. The handsome fingered foliage is usually dark green and remains good-looking all season long. Provide deep rich soil with plenty of humus to avoid dryness, and don't plant the crowns more than 2 inches beneath the surface. But these are hardly fussy plants. Where well suited to the climate, they can thrive on zero care.
Light:
Sun,Part Sun
Zones:
3-8
Plant Type:
Perennial
Plant Height:
2 to 3-1/2 feet tall, depending on variety
Plant Width:
2 to 3-1/2 feet wide, depending on variety
Bloom Time:
Blooms mid- to late spring, depending on variety
Landscape Uses:
Containers,Beds & Borders
Special Features:
Flowers,Attractive Foliage,Fragrant,Cut Flowers,Deer Resistant,Easy to Grow

No comments:

Post a Comment