Thank you so much for visiting my blogspot where you can find my Inspired Creations by D fusible applique wall art quilt designs that can either be framed, dowel hung or completed in the traditional quilt backed way.

My PDF E-patterns can be purchased in a variety of places, my Craftsy store, my Etsy store, or Linda Walsh Originals Shop

My Pattern Kits can be purchased in my Etsy Store.

Visit any one of these sites for more information on any of my designs.


Monday, June 13, 2011

My First Sale

Photobucket


Talk about beginners luck!

In Chenango County, NY, Town of Norwich, there is a wonderful Quilting Shop named Sew Nice, sewnicenorwich.com. I have been purchasing my fabrics there for the past few years. It is a warm and friendly shop with the most beautiful fabrics.

I had told one of the owners, Diane Marvin, about the pattern line I was developing and she had expressed an interest in seeing it when I was ready.

Today was the day, being a new entrepreneur I was understandably nervous approaching her with my patterns. I had told my husband I wanted to stop by her shop today to see when would be a good time for me to show her the designs. It was his suggestion that I put everything in the car "just in case".

When I went in the shop I of course asked her if she would be interested in taking a look and when might be a convenient time - I also let her know that I had the patterns and the completed pattern displays in the car if this was a good time. She said this was a great time and asked me to bring everything in. She was very excited for me and absolutely loved my designs - as did several of her customers that were shopping in the store at the time.


I had brought with me 5 copies of each of the 4 pattern designs. I did not know if she was going to be interested in just one, all 4 or maybe - none. If she was interested, if she was going to take them in on consignment or if she was going to purchase them outright. I was elated when she told me that not only did she want to buy all the patterns (all 20 copies!!) but she also wanted to display all 4 completed, framed designs in her store. She informed me that she felt that my designs were new and exciting and loved the option of quilting or framing the completed design.

She seemed to have no doubt that the patterns would be enjoyed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment